Happy Friday Friends!!!
I'm having a work from home day today. I thought that I would share a few things that have been favorites this week.
1. We got Kambree a Highlights magazine, it's a bonus size that I bought at Lowe's of all places. I grew up loving Highlights! Our dentist office growing up always had these available and I remember during a few dental procedures the dental assistant would hold the magazine up for me to search for the hidden items. It took a few minutes for Kambree to get the hang of it but we have really enjoyed searching the hidden items together or finding the silly things in the pictures. Having fun with a book definitely makes me happy.
2. Another book is making my favorites this week. Thelma the Unicorn
This is a cute story about wanting to be something that you aren't and how valuable it is to just be yourself. Kambree likes when I read it with a "country accent" and I do too. I picked this up at the school book fair for a Christmas gift.
3. I mentioned this a few days ago, but I have since watched it a second time! The movie, Mr. Church , has been a favorite this week. I have enjoyed the story of someone serving others when he didn't have to and in turn receiving so much. I might just watch it one more time.
4. I'm sensing an entertainment theme here because another favorite this week has been Chopped Junior on Food Network. I have recorded several episodes and I enjoy seeing the creativity that these young kids have. I blame the cold rainy weather for all my entertainment based favorites this week.
5. One last favorite has been Rosie, the chinchilla. We put up the dog gate in our front hall and it's a perfect play area for her and for the kids too. Watch how much fun the kids are having with Rosie climbing on them. The laughter in this video makes me so happy.
That wraps up my favorites of this week. Next week Kambree will be back in school and I'll be back in the office. I'm sure it will be a hectic week of getting back into a routine but we'll make the best of it. Have a great weekend!